Sunday 13 June 2010

running out of fabric ... ooopppsssss

The fabric has dried perfectly, I'm very pleased with the finished effect. I did the second layer a different way, I started at the edge and worked towards the middle, and that didnt work so well, I used much more fabric and it was much messier (I never seemed to have a "dry" bit of table to hold!). Unfortunately, I seem to be running out of fabric already, so it looks like the legs will need to be painted. I have one more top to do. One tip I do have is to use soft fabric ... the stiffer fabric did not want to "curve" around the edge, even when soaked with glue.

7 comments:

  1. wow they look fab Hope you show us the finsihed items

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it finished, it's a fantastic idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it finished what a fab idea!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    You left a comment on my blog about a little wooden boat I had used. It was part of a larger embellishment. The boat is in a little wooden frame(suspended) and there is a star hanging from the bottom. I had them from Mad about Cards, ages and ages ago - couldn't find them on their site just now though.

    But I bought in bulk ..... so if you would like a packet as a small gift - just contact me, my e-mail is on my blog

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome - what an amazing idea to rejuvinate furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I like this a lot, it's a really great use of fabric. It looks great when it's done as well.

    ReplyDelete