Friday 3 December 2010

Weird one yesterday

Big Issue seller outside Sainsburys sold me a old (June 2010) copy ... this put me in a dilemma. Should I dismiss the event completely or never buy an issue from him again? Is he so desperate for money I should hunt him down and give him a tenner? Genuine mistake or fraud? It also made me think about why I buy the Big Issue. I did feel a twinge of guilt when I emerged from the warm store with bags stuffed with goodies to see him standing there in the cold, and handing over my pocketful of change made me feel good. I would NEVER give money to a beggar, but I cannot pass a Big Issue seller, I feel that its a transaction from one self employed person to another.

I'm very sad that the craft event at Kirkleatham Hall has been cancelled because of the weather ... I imagine that those craftspeople would have prepared for months for the two day event, and will have been looking forward to getting their stock shifted before christmas. Last year I bought wooden fruit, and a couple of bowls, from Barry they are beautiful and tactile.


No comments:

Post a Comment